Monday 21 May 2012

Baby Steps

If I'm being honest, this whole marathon/fundraising thing is a little bit daunting. Exciting, obviously, but daunting all the same. It's a lot of money to raise isn't it? £2,500. Two thousand and five hundred pounds. That's enough to give anyone sleepless nights, not to mention the thought of running 26 miles.

But then I had a thought. Yes, sometimes I do actually think. I can do this flylady style. And that means taking baby steps, doing things just a little at a time.

I've been looking at the whole amount, thinking how on earth am I going to raise £2,500? Ideas have been spinning around my head so fast I've been looking at the world through a blur, a haze of collection tins, coffee mornings, boot sales and rummage sales and cake sales and, and, and, and....

Stop. Breathe. Think baby steps.

£2,500 is not that much, not really.

All it takes is for 2,500 people to give £1

or 1,250 people to give £2

or 625 people to give £4

or 500 people to give £5

or 250 people to give £10

or.... well you get the picture.

When you look at it like that it's not half so frightening.


Thank you so much to everyone who has already donated, I've been bowled over by your generosity.

Your support means a lot. :)

1 comment: