Thursday 31 May 2012

Making It Real

This morning a parcel arrived. A rather heavy parcel. A parcel I've been eagerly awaiting.

I tore open the packaging like a kid at Christmas. There were leaflets and stickers and balloons and banners. There were funky, pink collecting tins and tee-shirts and my running vest...

O.M.G. My running vest!

It hit me like a double decker bus. I'M REALLY DOING THIS!

I sat on the floor surrounded by fund raising paraphernalia and slowly it began to sink in.

My husband's been asking me, almost daily, for the last two weeks 'Has it sunk in yet?' At first the answer to that was always 'No,' but slowly I began to nod and a tentative 'Yes, I think so,' would escape my lips, followed quickly by a confident 'Of course,' and he'd just smile. Andy had realised what I was refusing to see. It hadn't sunk in, it hadn't sunk in at all.

OK, Drew, you don't need to look so smug. Everyone gets to be right occasionally, even you :)

So I'm sitting here a little shell shocked, but that's OK, I'll get over it. I've got a couple of collecting tins leering at me every time I look up and they're not about to let me forget I've got work to do!


2 comments:

  1. I honestly believe you can do this!Don't put to much pressure on yourself but I hope your working out already.
    Even if you finish that race walking it's still awesome!
    And look at all the good you did- that has to be worth some good Karma-probably double Karma since what your doing is so unselfish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie. I've got my husband working on a training plan and he's being pretty strict, making sure I don't do too much too soon. I'll finish, even if it's on my hands and knees :) lol

      Delete