Sunday 12 August 2012

This Week's Update

Miles run: 14

Miles Walked: 17

Other exercise: Avoided completely ;) but shhhh, don't tell Andy! lol

It's been a pretty good week all round. The runs are getting easier, that's for sure, and I'm gradually starting to increase the distance. I think I need to start setting my alarm clock though while the weather is so nice (I knew we'd get a summer eventually) as I find it a real struggle in the heat and its sooooo tempting just to give up and sit on the beach for a bit before it gets busy.

From a fundraising point of view I've received some great donations to use as prizes which is always a boost to my confidence. It can be a lonely ol' business, this fundraising lark, so it's always great to get some support from people I don't even know. I've also launched a local photography competition, making the most of the stunning scenery in this part of the world, with the winner getting to see their photo turned into a postcard. I'm really looking forward to seeing the entries start rolling in. I'm starting to put plans in place for a coffee morning, trying out cake recipes and hunting down cups and saucers and making posters, which is keeping me busy even busier.

Another round of letters have gone in the post, and I've made a load of leaflets and posters advertising the photo comp. Some are already out there but I've still got a stack to take around to all the holiday parks. Busy, busy, busy. Trying to collect a load of stuff for a boot sale too. Gotta get that total rising!

No comments:

Post a Comment